Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Saint Bracelet




 This is my lucky bracelet that I carry around wherever I go no matter what. It includes pictures of famous saints and the Holy Family. It reminds me to be brave anywhere at any time and it helps me to be strong for God. Whenever in a struggle I look down and think "Am I doing the right thing?
Would these people do what I am about to do?
How would they feel?" The bracelet is joined together by beads. It joins the saints and family together as one. This also symbolizes the connection with us and other religions. No matter Catholic, Muslim, Jewish,etc. we all our connected under one loving God. The bracelet is my symbol of faith and remembrance of God and Jesus and his ultimate sacrifice for us. Everyone can have a symbol of saints or God, and it doesn't necessarily have to be concrete. Whatever helps you remember the question "What would Jesus do?" I know we use this phrase commonly, but you have to think of it in a deeper way. God always forgives us and we don't have to be without sin, which is almost impossible. God does forgives us no matter if we use that phrase or not. Yes, it is good to follow it and yes it does help. None of us our perfect though. We need faith in our lives and a remembrance of that. Mine is this bracelet. 

St. Mary's Bellevue- 8th Grade
Bellevue, NE



No comments: