Sunday, May 05, 2013

It's My Mama Mary!

   Hello! My Name Is Alexia, and I attend St. Gregory the Great Catholic School in Virginia Beach. I am in 8th grade. St. Gregory is also my parish. To celebrate the month of Mary, my school begins each morning praying a decade of the rosary allowed during morning prayers.
   We also have a May Procession, which is a very big event. Everyone is asked to bring flowers that day. The eighth grade, wearing their graduation gowns, begin the service by bring the flowers in. One by one they come in and place them on the altar. We have the May Court and the May Queen come in last. They have the huge honor of crowning Mary towards the end of the service while we have a member of our school community sing Ave Maria. We also do a litany and a few readings, along with a priest's reflection. One of my favorite parts in the reading of the "Lovely Lady" poem, done by an eighth grader and a first grader. The second graders also get to sing, while wearing their first communion outfits. It's all very beautiful!

I think this was a great project. It was fun to participate in it!

From,

Alexia

No comments: